Friday, September 3, 2010
Has Big Brother Got You Down?
When Thoreau said, "that government is best which governs least", he meant that the best government to have is one that doesn't control every aspect of citizens' lives. The government (Big Brother) is constantly spying on you to see what you're doing. There are security cameras on streets, in stores, and in schools. The less a government tries to manage your life, the better. The government wants to know where you've been, what you've been doing, and wants to imply all of these ridiculous new laws that only benefit themselves and restrict your freedoms. Big Brother listens in to your phone calls and checks your emails if you look "suspicious" just because you mention the words "bomb" and "terrorism" in the same sentence. I personally, don't like anyone constantly watching what I do. I think that if someone doesn't have anything to hide then they shouldn't fear the police. The government should treat its citizens in the same manner. The government should trust that its citizens have enough common sense to not do stupid things.